Going the Extra Smile: Discovering the Life-Changing Power of a Positive Outlook by George Foreman



I'm usually not into self-help or inspirational books but I enjoyed this one.

My wife had this book and asked if I was interested in reading it. Sure, I said and put it on my rather large pile of books to read where it sat, with George's smiling face looking up at me for months.

But, just this week I found out my school corporation transferred me to a different school (it was a seniority thing, not a performance thing) and I was more than a little bummed out because I like where I am at now. So, I picked up George's little book and plowed through it in about a day and a half, figuring I needed a bit of positive inspiration.

George Foreman. Photo by el grito.
Foreman talks about his two boxing careers but, more importantly, he divides his life into two parts - Old George and New George. In other terms, pre-Christian George and Christian George. George mentions St. Paul a couple of times and I'd imagine that George identifies with him because they share a common dramatic conversion experience and a massive change in lifestyle.

The book is a little bit of biography tied in with a little bit of philosophy and a little bit of religion that, when taken all together, make an interesting and helpful book.

Very enjoyable.

I rate this book 5 stars out of 5.

This book can be found on Amazon.com here: Going the Extra Smile by George Foreman.

Reviewed on May 15, 2010.

Comments

Popular posts over the last 30 days

THE BALLOT and the BIBLE: HOW SCRIPTURE HAS BEEN USED and ABUSED in AMERICAN POLITICS and WHERE WE GO from HERE (audiobook) by Kaitlyn Schiess

ILLEGAL (graphic novel) Written by Eoin Colfer and Andrew Donkin. Illustrated by Giovanni Rigano.

FAHRENHEIT 451 (audiobook) by Ray Bradbury

BENITO MUSSOLINI: A LIFE from BEGINNING to END (World War 2 Biographies) (kindle) by Hourly History

VANISHING EDGE (National Parks Mysteries #1) (audiobook) by Claire Kells

INCREDIBLE HULK: PLANET HULK written by Greg Pak, illustrated by Carlo Pagulayan, Aaron Lopresti, Juan Santacruz, Gary Frank, and Takeshi Miyazawa.

DIFFER WE MUST: HOW LINCOLN SUCCEEDED in a DIVIDED AMERICA (audiobook) by Steve Inskeep

THE JOURNEY in BETWEEN: THRU-HIKING EL CAMINO de SANTIAGO (Thru-Hiking Adventures book 1) (kindle) by Keith Foskett

Appaloosa DVD

YEARS THAT CHANGED HISTORY: 1215 (The Great Courses)(audiobook) by Dorsey Armstrong